To apply for any position listed, simply click the link above. Enter the job title in the subject line and include a copy of your resume and/or cover letter.
**** Please note that all positions are experienced/onsite (not remote) roles. ****
> 70% of client interaction is performed via client portals. < 5% face-to-face tax prep. Our small staff pool is essentially in a “bubble” staying home in the event of any possible virus exposure. 0% staff infections w/ everyone in office 4-5 days a week since March 2020!
Experienced Tax Preparer/Reviewer
Pay and Benefits
$25.00 – $40.00 per hour
Ready to challenge your tax preparation skills by working on the “next level” of tax returns and clientele? Looking for a part-time/flexible work schedule in an intimate, fun and personable office environment? Then why not consider joining the Wilson Rogers & Company team!
We currently have an immediate opening for an experienced tax professional/reviewer to join our office located in the Beverly neighborhood of Chicago. This position may offer up to 8-24 hours per week (depending on need) during the offseason and 24+ hours of work per week (Monday through Friday) during tax season. As such, this position is ideal for stay-at-home Mothers, recent retirees and other professionals seeking to remain in the workforce, yet not looking for a 40 hour per week commitment (at the moment).
In this role you will primarily be responsible for ensuring that complete and accurate tax returns are prepared while delivering outstanding client service. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare individual, partnership and corporate tax returns (30%)
- Review of the same returns prepared by associate preparers (70%)
- Auditing all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness
- Maintaining a positive image
Must Have Qualifications
Candidates that will be considered for the role will have 10+ years of recent experience with the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field with EA, CPA or JD designations highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years review experience with complex individual 1040s (Schedules A,B,C,D & E) and corporate returns (1120, 1120S and 1065)
- Analytical skill to research and resolve complex tax issues
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge and experience with a Windows based computer system
- Possess a valid and active Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in person and via phone
- The ability to work independently and self organize/prioritize ones work
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Drake tax preparation software
- Experience working with QuickBooks (Desktop and Online)
- Experience preparing payroll tax returns and sales tax returns
- Experience with Federal/State tax resolution services