You work hard for your money right? Maybe you’re a high school or college grad working your first gig. Maybe you do quite well and lead a simple life with minimal “wordly” possessions. But doesn’t it leave you with a bad feeling when you have to pay $200 or more to get your “simple” return done?
Back when I first started doing returns for others, I actually cut my teeth doing them for those who didn’t make a lot. What I mean is that I was a preparer for the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. This program is FREE for those who qualify and it really humbled me; as I saw firsthand how little money some people have to survive on.
So when we opened up our retail office, I vowed that if you didn’t make a lot and your return was simple, you wouldn’t be charged a lot. Now what do I mean by simple? I specifically mean that you have to file form 1040-EZ. Not sure if you filed this form last year, then click here and compare it to your tax documents.
But in the essence of time, if you meet the following requirements, then know that you qualify for our $50 tax return offer:
- Your filing status is single or married filing jointly
- You claim no dependents
- You, and your spouse if filing a joint return, were under age 65 on January 1, 2014, and not blind at the end of 2013
- You have only wages, salaries, tips, taxable scholarship and fellowship grants, unemployment compensation, or Alaska Permanent Fund dividends, and your taxable interest was not over $1,500
- Your taxable income is less than $100,000
- You do not claim any adjustments to income, such as a deduction for IRA contributions, a student loan interest deduction, an educator expenses deduction, or a tuition and fees deduction
- You do not claim any credits other than the earned income credit
If you meet the above, why not save yourself some money this year? Give us a call at 773-239-8850 and we’d be happy to welcome you to our family!
Until next time…